- We believe in the great commission and we strive to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with love, mercy and compassion (Matthew 28:19-20).
- We believe there is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4). He is the creator of heaven and earth, and of all living beings. He has revealed Himself to humanity as the Father (Creator), as the Son (Saviour), and as the Holy Ghost (indwelling Spirit).
- We believe that the name of Jesus is the only saving name (Acts 4:12). Jesus was God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sin. Through baptism we identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:3-6; Colossians 2:11-14; Acts 2:38).
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial sign of speaking in other tongues (Isaiah 28:11; Acts 2:4, 2:38, 10:46, 19:6).
- We believe in the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. He ministers to His people through tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophecy; words of knowledge and wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith, working of miracles, healing, helps and government (Mark 16:15-18; Acts 5:16; 2 Corinthians 12:1-11).
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative written Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; Ephesians 3:5; II Peter 3:2).
Apostolic Tabernacle is a vibrant, multicultural, Spirit filled community of Christian believers that is committed to local and global transformation located in Jonesboro, GA just south of Atlanta. For more than 5 decades, Apostolic Tabernacle has had an unrestrained passion to see people from all walks of life see Jesus for who He really is, and begin a relationship with Him. Hundreds of people in our community have done just that. It is our desire to create an environment where people can come and experience the presence of God in a life-transforming way, just like they did on the Day of Pentecost in Acts chapter two.
Whatever your circumstances - single, married, with or without children, young, old, rich, poor - no matter where you’ve been or what you’ve done, you matter to God. Apostolic Tabernacle is a place where it's okay not to be okay. You don't have to fake perfection. You don't have to pretend you have it all together. Through His grace, healing can be found, addictions can be faced, forgiveness can be experienced, marriages can be restored, and lives can be changed. Just come as you are with your past, pain, challenges, and baggage. God will meet you where you are, but He won't leave you there. Real life change can be found at Apostolic Tabernacle.
When you walk through our doors you will find a Spirit-filled and passionate atmosphere with people seeking to reach out to our community and the world through real service. We believe church should be an exciting place where you can meet with God and get involved in His purposes in the Earth. You will experience biblical teaching, lively music, sincere preaching, and exciting community; a place of discovery, a safe place where you will feel the presence of God, make new friends, and feel liberty to worship as never before.
Welcome to Apostolic Tabernacle. Welcome Home!